Do you know more than 5000 years ago Ayurveda scientists describe cancer.
There are various allusions to cancer in classical Ayurvedic writings. Some of the words used to characterize the disease are broad, while others are more precise.
Both Charaka and Sushruta Samhita (700 BC) defined cancer as granthi (benign or small tumor) and arbuda (malignant or primary neoplasm). Both can be inflammatory or non-inflammatory, depending on the doshas (Vata, Pitta, and Kapha) involved. The term dosha refers to the three principles that regulate the body’s psychophysiological response and pathological alterations.
Ayurveda defined health as the harmonious synchronization of these three systems in the body, mind, and consciousness. The primary premise of Ayurvedic medicine is centered on restoring equilibrium between these three major body systems.
Arbuda is the medical name for a malignant tumor. Another term for any palpable hard lump in the abdomen is gulma. Finally, any complex, tumor-like structure in the gut might be benign or malignant.
Ayurvedic classification of neoplasms depends upon various clinical symptoms of tri-doshas:
- Diseases that can be classified as apparent malignancies. Including arbuda and granthi, such as mamsarbuda (sarcomas) and raktarbuda (leukemia), mukharbuda (oral cancer), and asadhya vrana (incurable or malignant ulcers).
- Diseases that can be considered as cancer or possible malignancies, such as ulcers and growths. Examples of these are mamsaja oshtharoga (growth of lips), asadhya galganda (incurable thyroid tumor), tridosaja gulmas, and asadhya udara roga (abdominal tumors like carcinomas of the stomach and liver or lymphomas).
- Diseases with the possibility of malignancy, such as visarpa (erysipelas), asadhya Kamala (incurable jaundice), asadhya pradara (intractable dysmenorrhea or leukorrhea), and tridosaja nadi vrana (refractory sinusitis).
Param Wellness provides effective ways to prevent cancer, focusing on the principle of detoxification and rejuvenation:
- Ayurvedic herbs
- Shodhana and shaman therapies
- Lifestyle changes
- Special diet for cancer
- Yoganindra and yoga-asanas
- Manage stress and emotions
Address: 1655 Oak Tree Rd Suite 215/220, Edison, NJ 08820 USA
Whatsapp: +1 (732) 781-5686