Ayurveda is a healthcare system of preventive measures that aims to prevent illness. One of the preventative measures is an Ayurvedic therapy called Shiroabhyagam which is an herbal oil head massage. This therapy is described in the ancient classical Ayurvedic text as part of dinacharya, a daily self-care regimen that prevents illness.
Shiroabhyanga is the application of warm herbal oil applied to the scalp by gently massaging with the fingertips. This is done daily and offers many health benefits. It is categorized under the classification known as Murdhani Tailam, which is a procedure of treatments designed for the head.
Shiroabhyanga is a snehana or oleation treatment practiced during Purva Karma which is the first set of actions during a Pancha Karma. Snehana is divided into two types, bahya (external) and abhyantara (internal) oleation. Shiroabhyanga is categorized under bahya snehana.
Benefits of Shiroabhyanga Oil Massage:
- Increases the circulation of blood to the brain.
- Stimulates the central nervous system.
- Improves the sense of sight, sound, and smell.
- Rejuvenates and calms the body.
- Clears the mind and relieves fatigue.
- Relieves headaches and stress.
- Helps promote sound sleep and sleepless disorder.
- Prevents dandruff and dry scalp.
- Helps prevent hair loss by strengthening hair.
- Herbal oils provide nutrients that stimulate hair growth.
- Helps prevent premature grey hair.
Herbal Oils for Shiroabhyangam:
Address: 1655 Oak Tree Rd Suite 215/220, Edison, NJ 08820 USA
Whatsapp: +1 (732) 781–5686
Inquire Now: Paramwellness.com
Shop Our Brand: https://paramcare.com/
Our Courses: Param Wellness Academy